Conference venues and lunch places
"Models and Decisions" will take place right on LMU's city campus, marked in the following map (by the green flag icons). All talks will take place in the "Vestibül" side wing of Professor-Huber-Platz, where you'll also find the registration desk (rooms V002, ground floor, and VU107, lower level – download the floor plan below). The evening lecture by Julian Nida-Rümelin will take place in "Historisches Kolleg" (Kaulbachstr. 15).
Show Venue and Lunch Map "Models and Decisions" (2013) on a larger map
- Download an interior floor plan of the conference building (with conference rooms and registration)
- Download the vnue and lunch map here as a PDF file
- If you arrive by air at Munich Airport, the easiest way into the city is by S-Bahn. Take S1 or S8 in the basement of Terminal 1 and get down-town in approximately 40 minutes. Tickets must be purchased at the ticket machines (ground floor near the escalators to the S-Bahn station). If you travel alone, you might want to buy an adult single day ticket (all zones) - if you are a group of two or more (up to five), you should buy an adult partner ticket (all zones). Tickets must be validated (stamped) before entering the trains.
- If you get to Munich by train, you can choose to buy either a single ride ticket, a day ticket, or a partner day ticket (for groups up to five) - or even three-day versions of these. Munich main station and LMU are located in the inner district, so "Innenraum" tickets are sufficient for getting from the train to the conference venue. For more info visit www.mvv-muenchen.de.
Accommodation near the venue
The following accomodations provide special conditions for LMU events. Please refer to that when booking via telephone or email.
1) Hotel Carlton Astoria
If you´re looking for a classic ambiance and an excellent service the Carlton Astoria is the right place for you to stay.
2) Leonardo Boutique Hotel
Amalienstr. 25 80333 München
Tel.: 089-620 39 710
A very modern and artistic accommodation, located between the LMU and the city centre.
3) Das Hotel
Simple but personal and individual style. The hotel is located in a street full of interesting restaurants, pubs and bars.
4) Hotel Pension am Siegestor
Here you find a friendly and homey atmosphere and you can enjoy the privilege to reach the MCMP and the LMU main building in less than 5 minutes.
The official website of the city of Munich is www.muenchen.de, where you find information about the cultural life in Munich and a link to the tourist information. Here are some more links that might be useful.
- the Munich tourist office - online and with opening hours
- the official hotel booking service of the Munich tourist office
- general information about finding your way around Munich on the Transport Portal
- Munich sights, some suggestions
- and the Wikipedia entry about Munich, for the sake of completeness